Instagram: alexandrarichardsonart, Facebook: Alex Richardson Art
- Joined Pure Artwork online gallery - January 2018
- Signed with Eyebrook Gallery, Uppingham - January 2018
- Exhibited in Brighton Winter 'Artist Open Houses' through Bailey Contemporary Arts Gallery - December 2017
- Signed with online gallery ArtFinder - since November 2017
- Donated work to the Brighton 'Help Save Madeira Terraces' auction and raffle - November 2017
- Fund raiser auction for Erskine charity, remembrance day - November 2017
- 3 Artist Exhibition 'Trio' - Art5 Brighton - October 2017
- Painting donated to the MNDA charity auction, raising £575 - September 2017
- 'Lone Tree' painting sales through the Brighton Art5Gallery.com - since 2015
- Began Trading small paintings and craft through Etsy - 2016
- Newly signed with Art House Gallery London - since 2017
- Newly signed with Saatchi online Gallery - since 2017
- 3 month exhibition in Cube Gallery, Hassocks - 2017
- Hassocks Artist Open Houses - July 2017
- Village exhibition, St Paul la Roche, France - August 2017
- 3 month cafe exhibition Mad Hatter cafe Brighton - 2015
- Exhibited with Vivid Palette gallery Brighton seafront arches - 2014 to 2016
Private home viewing appointments available upon request
Study: Rudolph Steiner education, Art Foundation in Illustration & Photography through the Brighton City College - mostly a proud 'self taught' artist.
Alexandra Richardson is a British artist born in Cornwall but spent most of her teenage years in Virginia U.S.A. With an unusual ‘bohemian’ upbringing, Alex has been influenced by growing up on magical fairy-tale estate gardens (Trevarno) which shaped her creative imagination, traveling and living in Eco villages around Europe and spending her teenage years in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Now, she is mostly inspired by the Sussex country side and sea, enjoying regular explorations over the East Sussex Downs.
Alex has been a natural artist since birth and continued her artistic education at Brighton City College, specialising in Illustration and photography. After falling in love with painting Alex has taken great pleasure in teaching herself new techniques over the past decade, often seeking out new projects such as tribute work. Whilst her main medium is acrylic painting, Alex also does furniture painting and restoration as well as other craft making. Alex takes inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci, Monet, Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt and M. C. Escher as well as many other world famous and classical artists.
As a side hobby, Alex likes to immerse herself in charity work. In addition to taking on the role of ICV officer, checking on the welfare of those being held in police custody, Alex donates and promotes work to raise money for charities such as the Erskine (remembrance day), Motor Neuron Disease Association and more locally, the Brighton 'Save Madeira Terraces' initiative.
'The aim of my work is to stimulate peaceful and happy emotions from within'